Wednesday 27 April 2011

Lost and confused

I seem to have lost my way with things entirely.  I've been posting photos here as though I've lost all sense of a discerning eye and have become a haphazard, touristy idiot who takes 'snaps' instead of photos.  I feel like I don't have any like-minded souls around me and even my visitor and the architect somehow only brought me back to a level of basic human contact that, though soothing and helpful and even fun, hasn't pulled me back from the edge to the essence of what I'm striving for.

All of that direction seems abandoned.  I've fallen foul of the scenes around me which are tangible and I no longer have time for the intangible.  And yet, the intangible used to be my realm.  That was where I lived.  All around me was chaos, but everyday I used to find at least a few minutes to escape it, even if that were only in my mind while musing on the kind of world Francis Bacon inhabited or while drawing something I later put on my wall to make my own kind of art studio in my room.

But here, at the moment, I appear to have lost my path.  I've not felt this alone in a long time.  The world of work is stealing the architect from me so we rarely get to see each other, and when we do, our thoughts, our lives are overshadowed by the banal and arduous demands of work and mere survival.

Paris awaits.  I only hope I'll have time to breathe and find a way back to where I feel at home.  Surely I only need a little bit of time on my own and everything will come back?  Failing that, some plan to leave my current routine before it kills me will become an urgent one at the top of my priority list.

No comments:

Post a Comment