Thursday 3 March 2011

Baby, I Don't Care

I have been caught up in a lot of anguish and distress of late, as I always do when someone tries to dictate to me how my life should work, without an ounce of appreciation for my attempts at adaptation.  So I have resolved to think of all the good things that are keeping me going, despite this:

1) My meet-ee's colourful jumper this morning
2) The free coffee delivered thanks to said meet-ee that I SO DESPERATELY needed
3) Transvision Vamp's "Baby I Don't Care" (no-one does pop-rock quite like Transvision Vamp, even if they were irritatingly arrogant idiots) discovered at such a pertinent time.  ("You don't have to say you love me, baby IT'S ALRIGHT, cause honey I don't care...")
4) Cherry-filled chocolate.  (Oh yes..!)
5) Left-overs from the architect's stay, such as a yummy Danish pastry and wine.
6) The kindness and tolerance of the Faerie Godmother Trainee
7) A long and thoughtful email from L-Star, though painful to read how he's suffered of late
8) The Swedish teacher's email noting her recovery from an operation
9) The Czech language.  It may be killing me, but by learning some of it, I'm actually beginning to feel I'm gaining insight that other, less diligent people, do not have a hope in hell of understanding.  (Oh sense of superiority, how fleetingly you grace me with your presence...)
10) The fact that the architect mentioned 'trip to London' and 'May' before I ruined it by questioning if he'd really still want to be with me by then.

Oh and, the fact that my meetee this morning laughed so much when I answered his question with, 'I'm an Aquarius'.  To which he replied,  "Hahahahahaha...that explains EVERYTHING."

No comments:

Post a Comment