Monday 14 March 2011

Yay! "Imaginary" Christmas!

You know in The Simpsons, the Flanders family end up having to resort to 'Imaginary Christmas' when everything goes wrong and they lose all their money? Well, I think I'm going to have to resort to that notion now.  How about "Imaginary Rewarding and Successful Life"?  It could start with a few things that actually happened, such as being complimented in Czech today for what I was wearing and for the fact that red suited me.  That was a lovely start to the day, along with the surreptitious compliment in my meet-ee's written work that mentioned my being 'clever' but also a bit of a slave-driver.

Unfortunately, it was cloudy this morning, so in my imaginary lovely life, it was actually sunny and warm and I saw the green parrot-like birds in Kensington Gardens on my much needed walk.  And I bought myself a sugary coffee (this is almost close to reality, as I was brought a small coffee I could add sugar to, so this is as near as dammit) and I played songs at the top of my voice that people on the street heard and applauded.  (I did play today, in an act of sheer rebellion over what I should have been doing and the window was open, but the street outside is in fact far too busy and noisy for anyone to ever hear me from there.)

And my imaginary day culminated in a wonderful evening playing the piano in a studio in Manhattan, making my fingers weary.  And my overall tiredness, is one of a satisfied, fulfilled variety.  (Oh would that this bit above all, were true.)  In fact, I actually really fancy a stroll in Central Park.  It should be starting to pick up in temperature soon.  Maybe in April.  What if I imagine I have a wonderful sponsor who loves my writing so much that they are willing to pay for me to spend a couple of weeks there, just wandering around, buying coffees and cupcakes and reading the New York Times and writing, playing piano in the studio and writing some more?  Will my wishes have any impact?  Will my fantasies shift any energy out there in the universe to bring about an extraordinary course of favourable events?  Or am I picking up on my longing for a trip to New York with a dose of your typical New Yorker unfounded optimism?

No comments:

Post a Comment