Sunday 13 March 2011

Clichés, wishes and motorbikes

Today has been a lesson in stating clearly what you need.  I'm not usually very good at this.  Mainly because I loathe the word 'needs' and cannot reconcile myself with relying on anyone.  However, I have had to resolve to ask for what I actually need, for once, instead of putting forward the polite, edited version and I'm awaiting the barrage of emails of complaint as a result tomorrow.  But if you don't ask, you don't get, right?  So far that has definitely proved to be true in about 80% of cases.

I've had enough of burning the candle at both ends to find I don't even have any matches left, let alone a candle, so we're reaching rock bottom here.  But Spring really might be on its way and I have a few wishes.  If I send them out into the ether, maybe one or two might get answered?

Here are my top 5:

1) I'd really like more than 5 or 6 hours' sleep every night.
2) Give me some time to do music again.  Please.
3) Let all those people who've been ill recently be ok again.
4) Let those who crave fine, Italian ice-cream (or Magnums of the classic or white chocolate variety, when your options are limited) get them in abundance.
5) Let me be able to run away with the architect very soon, preferably on his motorbike and with some kind of sunset involved, just for sheer fulfilment of a cliché.  (I actually got to rev up his bike today, and I really rather enjoyed it.)  

Perhaps some clichés are worth wishing for.

No comments:

Post a Comment