Wednesday 23 March 2011

Soldiers and Allies

Black nail varnish in the post:  New possibilities for rebellion.  Blue eyes staring back at me:  New hope.  Belligerence and outrage in the face of predictability and straightjacketers: New ally.

I'm so grateful for little moments of solidarity.  Fighting the justified and rightful fight against tedium, slavery (of sorts) and banality with a few fellow soldiers is so much better than doing so on my own.  A free-spirit from DC, a Faerie Godmother from Londinium and a forest boy from Praha (because even an architect can be born among the trees).  All of these saved me from misery today.  And so did my meet-ees who just wanted to talk and who were happy to hear things about my life and my thoughts, and even about my songs.  Bless them.

The architect is winning me over time and time again.  I'm so lucky to have found him.  So amazed that he became my companion after being a meet-ee.  What good fortune is mine that he is there, thinking of me and backing up my attempts at creativity and escape.  There's an expression in German, a line from a Herbert Grönemeyer song, that goes, "schön, daß es Dich gibt" (literally: 'It's lovely that there's you") and it fits what I want to say to him now, and have already said, but had to explain, because he doesn't speak German.  Alas.  But then, I suppose, neither do I.  At least, not enough.

The universe doesn't seem quite so skewed or unfair in this atmosphere of companionship.  Let's hope it lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment