Friday 18 March 2011

A sumptuous surprise

I had little hope in my mind that today would bring anything other than more work and a little respite in the evening and maybe, if I was really lucky, some fineliner pens I needed.  But, I was in for the surprise and delight of the year.

Someone had accused me of wearing 'such sad colours' all the time and it had upset me rather a lot.  Someone else had listened to my stories from ages ago about shopping disappointments and got me this:



Which, as you can imagine, had a profoundly converse effect.  Which is why I then pranced around in it for ages taking pictures:

  
Not only that, but it came in a box, delivered by my cheery post boy, that I then unwrapped and found opened up to that sumptuous feel of tissue paper with a beautiful note attached and stars and hearts as well.  And I pulled out this wonderful coat and couldn't believe my luck.  A trench coat, which I've been longing for, a purple one at that, and such wonderful quality fabric...I could go on, but I'm practically crying with joy over my keyboard and must stop now to dress up to go out in it.

Faerie Godmother Trainee, you my dear, are a most magnificent, wonderful, (and naughty) and incredible creature!

No comments:

Post a Comment