Monday 28 February 2011

Wounds Heal Better In The Sun

To live with what is unhealable
is presumably also living.
Just don't
turn the hurt into a god.
Also do not believe
that every wound is a stigma.
The sun has its glow, the blood also.
Competition is not necessary.
But it is a firm saying, worthy of adoption,
that wounds heal well in the sun.     Anna Greta Wide

I'm gradually losing hope again now.  But Anna Greta was right about the sun.  This morning's surprise intelligent conversation whilst the sun streamed in through the window, bringing the spectre of spring on the horizon, did me good.  Oh, if only there were true hope of a carefree and enjoyable ride into summer!  The desire to run away, the longing for a chance to lie about on the grass in a field and have the sun keep me warm is as strong as ever after such a tough winter.  There has to be hope of a holiday even though I have absolutely no idea how I'll ever afford one.  I'm so tired of the struggle; the battle to keep going.  The fight to hold back the tears.  The pulling at shreds of hope to make a future.

Make up your mind world.  Either pull me in from the platform and bring me a cup of tea, or let me go just as the fastest train hits its top speed.  I honestly don't mind which.

No comments:

Post a Comment