Wednesday 23 February 2011

Incompatibility?

Watching episodes of 'The IT Crowd' on his PC, a PC which is currently infected with a virus called 'Windows XP Antivirus 2011', was both highly entertaining as well as ironic.  The virus kept intercepting with 4 minutes left of the episode to watch, so we did indeed have to, "try switching it off and on again".

(He's got a PC, I've got a Mac.  How very apt.  How very SATC.)

He watches Top Gear (in Czech) and I watch David Attenborough documentaries.  He has hot chocolate for breakfast on a weekend but I have tea, followed by an essential cup of coffee.  He seems older than he is (nothing like a few tragedies in someone's life to make them ever so mature rather quickly) but insists I look younger than my age.  (A 'meet-ee' of mine today guessed my age as 12 years younger.)  He eats white bread rolls (or "housky") and I eat wholemeal ones.  But we both wish we had enough money to train as a pilot and at least get a PPL for flying a little Piper plane.

All this frivolity could end tomorrow.  The hugs, the smiles, the cracking up at either of our linguistic errors; all of it could just disappear.  I know this better than anyone.

I'm getting my Saturday back this weekend.  I shall have to do some thinking.  Good, quality thinking-time is a luxury I haven't had in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment