Sunday 27 February 2011

Hell On Earth

"The only message there is: be who you want to be and stick by it.  My [step] father got me a job at the Hotpoint factory to show me what the real values of life were.  And the real values of life were discussing football and reading the Daily Mirror every fucking day, so I thought I'd get some new values.  To spend your whole life doing a job you hate must be hell on earth.  Don't spend your life thinking 'if only' because it will kill you.  You'll die of regret."  Ian 'Lemmy' Kilminster

I tried to be who I wanted to be.  I really did.  But the consequence of that was ending up in a houseshare that nearly killed me because I didn't earn enough money (or any from the thing I worked hardest at) to get me out of there and into a place on my own.  So, if the choice is, die from unbearable housing situation or die from unbearable work situation, I suppose it's much of a muchness.  I'd settle for one of those secret suicide pills from NASA right now.  But they're secret, so I don't suppose they'd do me the courtesy of sending me one even if I asked nicely, would they?

Oh to have the luxury of good timing so that your principles can serve you well enough that you never have to change them...

No comments:

Post a Comment