Tuesday 11 January 2011

A different perspective

Going through tough times occasionally gives rise to moments of transcendental silliness, and I think I've had a couple of those today.  Some things aren't silly at all until you look at them from a different angle.  Just sitting opposite one of my 'meet-ees' across the table instead of to the side suddenly seemed so odd.  One place out and I was shocked at the greater degree of eye-contact.  How ridiculous.  And yet deliciously different, amusing and almost inviting.  It wasn't my choice, but simply ended up that way and if the truth be told, the rebel kid in me really rather enjoyed it.

Then, later, while watching Ab Fab (I wasn't kidding when I put it on my list of things that 'get me through...') it occurred to me that I usually find the character 'Bo' (the religious maniac American woman) intensely irritating.  And yet, something about the flip-side of dark, despairing days made me think that maybe I could tolerate her.  Maybe I could even have done with having someone like her around today, just hanging about, talking to herself and bursting into some hymn or gospel song at will.  

When things can't seem to settle down, maybe it's a good remedy to just keep shaking them thoughtlessly and relentlessly till you get too tired and need to take a breath again.  And then, perhaps things will settle, without any further effort.  No drama, no histrionics, just an unexpected silence and it will come to a halt. 

Konečně.

No comments:

Post a Comment