Sunday 16 January 2011

Am I Not Your Girl?

I'm currently in some sort of 'no-man's land'.  A letter from L-Star and cuttings from magazines litter my bed.  Reminiscent of a Nan Goldin photograph.  Clean lingerie.  Black.  My hair is getting too long.  I seem to be between the bitter and lonely end of the end and the beginning of a beginning.  I'm frightened it's a mirage and I'll be stuck in the end zone for longer than I think I can manage.

Oh little spark of hope, I don't know how long you will stay with me.  Are we on holiday?  Is this a beach we'll have to leave when the tide comes in or are we in a wood, where we could lose ourselves but keep walking forever? Will you leave me in the end for running away with words?  Will the words ever be enough?

Am I not your girl?

No comments:

Post a Comment