Monday 20 June 2011

Two rainbows, a double chocolate Magnum and a few tears

I still don't know what to think about this whole relationship thing.  How does anyone ever survive them?  I feel at a loss after a weekend of such ups and downs.  I actually feel a bit sick.  But that could also be due to my attempts to lose weight by not eating more than cereal and an apple.  But maybe I'm only trying to lose weight because I feel so miserable about everything else.  Or maybe I'm just miserable and that's just me and there's nothing anyone can do about it.

Ups:

1) I had a Magnum



2) I tried out driving again, after a two year gap since I last tried and a 15 year gap since I last drove properly.

3) I went for a walk in the forest, which was beautiful.

4) I got to watch some of a film I quite like, snuggling up on the sofa.

5) I had some hugs and kisses.

6) I had some red wine.  Because I brought some.


Downs:

1) There is no downside to a Magnum.  (Apart from getting fat, which is something to consider, actually...)

2) I was abysmal at driving.

3a) It rained just as we went out for a walk in the forest and I was cold, until I walked faster and the sun came out and I got too hot, then it rained again and I got cold again.  Oh and my clothes for walks in the forest are uncomfortable. 

3b) The walk in the forest was about an hour longer than I found enjoyable.

3c) The walk in the forest was a mere fraction of the time the architect would like to spend walking in forests or up mountains on our holiday next week.

4) I didn't get to watch all of the film.  The architect was still tidying up when I arrived (after a planned day off from me for him to do whatever sorting out of his flat he had wanted to do) so we ate late and we didn't have the pizza or any kind of warm food I'd hoped to have, just a sort of Czech-style cold meat pub-snack affair...

5) I don't know if I will ever have hugs and/or kisses again, because the architect seems pretty annoyed that I didn't enjoy the forest walk very much.  Signing off 'bye' in recent correspondence would seem a bad sign, really, wouldn't it?

6) There is no red wine left. 

All I can say is, I hope the two rainbows that appeared in the sky just as I was leaving the architect to go home, is a symbol that there is hope left for us, even though the second one is very faint.



Please let that hope be true.  Please.

No comments:

Post a Comment