Tuesday 1 January 2013

New Year's Resolutions


Dear Reader,

I hate resolutions usually, but I do think goals can be useful. Here are a few I'm contemplating:

1) Go and stay at the Royal Garden Hotel in West London for two nights on the 28th and 29th January, one of which is my birthday (I have no idea how to finance this and it would send me overdrawn by about £80 just to get the cheapest room, but a girl can dream...)

2) Get a 'facial', despite how pretentious that sounds, at that cool place called 'Zen' on Notting Hill because the head massage I had there a few birthdays ago was great and I've never had a 'facial' before and I think it's time to be nice to my skin and try one

3) Write these blog posts like a letter from now on, as befits the title

4) Move out of this panelák flat not because it's a panelák, but because I miss the city and I miss my own space

5) Finish the vocals on my rock song and do a kick-ass video for it

6) Try to have a sense of humour about things first, instead of having a hissy fit, crying a lot and eventually seeing the funny side

Weird stuff has been happening lately, not to mention sad things, but it's the first day of the year and I've got an early meeting tomorrow, so I'm going to leave all of the madness in my head for another letter when I can perhaps make some logical sense of it all. Or not.

How are you managing in this new year, dear reader? Has 2013 already shown a hint of promise?

Here's sending you the heartfelt wish that your year be filled with fun, frolics, warmth and fulfilled wishes. Oh and lots of silliness and rebellion too. That tends to help, I find...

With love,
Ms. Platform Edge. XXX

P.S. I must confess I've been inspired about letters from finding this site, with the hilarious letter from Keith Richards to his aunt about meeting Mick Jagger for the first time. What a writer...

No comments:

Post a Comment