Saturday 22 December 2012

Kapry and other twists of fate...


I'm stopping for a break after another relentless week and a full-on Saturday of work. I've had so little time to myself and fear I'm like a ticking bomb as a result, especially as I'm facing 10 days in a studio flat in the middle of nowhere. I hope that we'll find a way to muddle through and that despite having had so little time to myself, I'll find the tolerance I need to cope with a TV that's on all the time and nowhere to escape it except the bathroom or the cold outdoors.

I'm glad of this little break (in a cafe) but I think I'm a bit too tired to enjoy it fully. I've got to help out with the cleaning as soon as I get back because the Cowboy is on a tidying and cleaning mission to make those TV cleaning presenters (from 'A life of grime', is it?) wince. I know that he will do his utmost to make it the toughest, most unpleasant experience possible while I'll be putting my headphones on and trying to make a game of it by wiggling my sizeable arse to songs like, "I like to move it, move it" and suchlike and laugh at the ridiculousness of it all.

In the meantime, for your amusement (well, sort of sordid entertainment, actually) during my 'internet exile', here are a couple of photos of the poor carp or ,,kapry" that are being sold on the street in big vats of water near metro stations everywhere around the city. 

They await their cruel fate of being bought and cut open immediately in preparation for the traditional Czech Christmas dinner and their only hope of revenge is that they are full of sharp bones that someone could easily choke or hurt themselves on as they eat them. (Ooh, lucky me! I'm dicing with danger and living life 'on the edge' as usual...)

And here's a more pleasant photo of the Christmas market at náměstí Míru, 

where I got myself a treat of lavender soap and body lotion because it just smells so amazing. I must get on and brace myself for Christmas in the remote mountain village, (oops, I mean "town") of Kašperské Hory. I promise I will make the best use of my time that I can by perfecting my rendition of 'Stop The Cavalry', Laandan accent and "dub-a-dub-a-dum dum"s included, of course. For now, here's wishing you a calm, manageable and rejuvenating Christmas and New Year that gives you the relaxation you need and at least a few added bonuses. 

Merry Christmas!  Veselé vánoce!

No comments:

Post a Comment