Sunday 1 July 2012

Homeless...


I have finally attended the most Czech of events, namely the village rock concert/beer festival and now that I feel like a Czech, I find I might have to leave.  The sweet irony.  The weekend before last I was in Slany, watching 'Support Lesbiens' do their thing at an outdoor concert and I sang the Czech words to a song they decided to sing the English version of under my breath while holding (and occasionally sipping) a beer.  How more Czech could I have been?  They were entertaining enough, though the fireworks afterwards nearly perforated my eardrums, which is saying something after an hour of watching a rock band. Nonetheless, somehow I didn't really fit in.

Apart from the fact that I don't like beer, I am not keen on being out at a festival kind of deal anyway.  I'm always too concerned about where the nearest toilets are.  Mind you, I did survive, and having period pain got me off the hook of having to sit on someone's shoulders just to do as the Czechs do to all short-arsed people like me.  (Usually known as kids.)

But this weekend, by contrast, I have been informed that my landlady wants me to vacate the property and leave in two months' time.  Which is a crushing blow because a) I love this flat and think it's the best thing about living in Prague and b) I have absolutely no money at the moment.  And a whole flat full of stuff I cherish and will be forced to throw the majority of away.

Having had such terrible luck since getting back from the US trip and earning so little I am very inclined to give up and just leave this country altogether.  If I had a viable alternative that is.  I want to move to California.  Preferably southern California. There I said it.  That is what I want.  It is 'out there'.  But that is my dream.  The reality is, I don't have enough money to pack up my things and ship them off to London, nor buy the overpriced flights for this time of year in order to be able to leave.  And why the hell would I want to go back to London weather anyway?  Can you think of a place with a more depressing climate?  No, me neither.

So I'm sweltering in the heat here, unable to sleep and feeling utterly distraught.  The option of moving in with the cowboy has been discussed but this is a lousy reason to move in with someone and I don't have any other reason to than that because I really do thrive by living on my own and I think two weeks of living together with my stuff and the things I like to do would be enough to kill us both.  But that's where we stand right now.  Up sh*t creek without a paddle.

No comments:

Post a Comment