Friday 27 July 2012

Chai tea, cake and Wax


I nearly wilted in the heat walking out to the Costa coffee place at the department store on národní today but I was very grateful for the air conditioning when I got there.  I decided that, after a bad night of dreaming a dream that left me full of grief, and generally having been feeling hopeless and despondent lately that I should at least treat myself to that chai latte and chocolate muffin I'd been lusting after.  

It was as good as I had anticipated, though I found I couldn't eat the whole muffin, but I made a good stab at it by eating three quarters of it.  And I was glad of the freebie corporate/advertising newspaper in Czech that was sitting on the table as I sat down.  It made for an excellent fan when drinking a hot drink made me wish the air conditioning was stronger.

And this evening, as both the heat and the sense of grief continued, I consoled myself by watching a few old videos of Ruby Wax's interviews with people like Zsa Zsa Gabor, Joan Collins and, the genius interview with Imelda Marcos on YouTube.  God bless Ruby Wax.

No comments:

Post a Comment